Updated May 16 with some news on which games are full and which have spaces (also one game has been cancelled).
When: Saturday, May 28, 2022
Where: Royal Hamilton Light Infantry Veterans Association Hall, Hamilton (1353 Barton Street East)
What: Two time slots of TooFatLardies Games
Who (organizers): Chris Robinson and Barnaby Ore, with Mike Peterson helping with the fundraising for charity
Who (attendees): Anyone! Pre-registration and payment will be required (details below)
GMs Wanted? Yes please! We’re looking to have 6-8 games per time slot
Cost: $15 (GMs receive complimentary entry) Please pre-register with payment to the Hamilton Tabletop Gaming Society account at htgsgroup AT(@) gmail.com - e-transfer or Paypal accepted.
Game Pre-Registration: Once you've registered for the event, please either send your game choice (and a backup) for each timeslot you wish to play in with your payment as a note, or to Chris at: chrisrobinson AT nexicom.net. Your game choices will be confirmed with a reply.
- 5 Arrows Figures and Books - 20mm WWII and Ospreys - at a minimum!
- Cardboard Dungeon Games - Won't have a table at the event, but will be able to bring anything ordered from their shop to the event - use the code LARDDAY to remove shipping from your online order! (Note: obviously you must actually be coming to LardEhs for this to work!)
- Crucible Crush - Lee will be there with an assortment of merch from CC and other companies.
Current Game Selection
B. Pennypacket Bridge Part I - The Confederate Morning Attack (1863 ACW Sharp Practice) - FULL
A fictional scenario by Nick Skinner from WSS #115 to look at cavalry in the American Civil War, this opening action sees a Confederate infantry column come up against US cavalry setting a defensive screen on the flank of a Union position. Can the smaller force in blue hold the river long enough for the flank to be covered? In the afternoon we'll flip the roles and on the same battlefield see if Confederate cavalry can do the same.
15mm. 4 Players. GM Chris Robinson
C. What A Burmese Tanker! (What a Tanker)
20mm. 4 Players. GM Howard Tulloch
- For sale on the day will be official TooFatLardies dice ($2 each), donated by TFL.
- Raffle tickets ($5 each, 5 for $20) will be available and prizes include a 28mm MDF WWII terrain pack (pictured below) courtesy of Cardboard Dungeon Games once again, 12-packs of TFL dice, a set of Zoporozhian Cossack figures from Pulp Figures courtesy of the Canadian Wargamer Podcast, and yet more dice in TFL rule-sized packs of 24 supported by Dan the Dice Guy.
- For those coming in from out of town and wanting to make a weekend out of it, on Friday night the Hamilton Tabletop Gaming Society is having their monthly game night at the same venue - you're welcome to join in.
- Please bring cash for any purchases (dice, raffle tickets, entrance fee).
- For our GMs (and to entice more GMs to come forward!), Cardboard Dungeon Games is also offering a set of weathering paints for our GM-only raffle.